Sustainability in Home Staging and Interior Design Course
A CHSSP® Academy
short online course
Get an Accredited Certification in Sustainability
Become confident in eco terminology
Learn fast ways to make your business green
CHSSP® accredited qualification with Certificate.
Short online study course about sustainability in Home staging, Interior decor and Interior Design.
Format of the course: full colour video narrated presentations with 8 modules of information with a quiz and a downloadable
'Sustainability pledge' action plan template. Certificate Awarded.
Learn about how simple changes in your practices can benefit the sustainability of the environment, your business and your clients.
Learn the correct terminology for sustainability, net zero, carbon neutral and what it means for your business.
Find out about sustainable materials and labeling to help you identify them.
How to identify suppliers and companies with green and sustainable credentials.
Examples of upcycling, recycling and repurposing in Home Staging and Interior design.
How to create a sustainable strategy suitable for your business.
Understand how to create a sustainability pledge unique to your business.
Sustainability policy documenttemplate specific to Home Staging and Interior Design businesses is provided.
Find out how to implement sustainability systems of work.
Enhancing your business value with a sustainability policy and ethical standards.
Certificate to confirm your knowledge of Sustainability in Home Staging and Interior Design.
We will fund 25 trees to be planted for every course purchased.
Bonus Material Included
(1) Downloadable Business sustainability checklist
(2) Document Template for a Business Sustainability Pledge or policy
(3) Sustainability Resources and References including funding available for sustainable business development
Message from the Author
"Everyone in the Home Staging and Interior Design sector can make small changes which reduce their carbon emissions and negative impact on the planet. Knowledge is the crucial factor,and this course
provides that knowledge in an easily accessible way."
Sustainability in Home Staging and Interior Design
This course includes:
- The definitions of sustainability terms and methods
- How to create a sustainability policy or pledge for your business
- A Sustainability policy template for Home Staging and Interior Design businesses
- How to identify and find sustainable materialsand systems
- Finding Ethical and sustainable businesses in the supply chain
- Examples of Upcycling, recycling and repurposing in Home Staging and Interior design
- How sustainability will enhance your business brand and value
- Resources for local, national and international support for sustainability for businesses
- Financial grants and funding for business sustainability
- Understanding sustainability terminology. For instance, what's the difference between net zero and carbon neutral and which should your business aim to achieve?
- Awareness of key factors that affect the welfare of the planet
- Identifying and procuring sustainable items and systems
- Identifying ethical companies and products
- Deciding on the best sustainable business model for you
- Enhancing your business value through sustainable strategies
- Creating a sustainability pledge for your business
"Given the risks that global warming
presents to our planet and way of life, I am delighted to make
this sustainability course available to practitioners in the
Home Staging and Interior Design sector. It provides each of us
with the opportunity to make changes which have a meaningful
impact for the future of our environment and people"
Frequently asked questions
Why complete a course in Sustainability?
Sustainability has become the focus of individuals, businesses, and Nations like never before. The last few years has seen a monumental increase in the desire to take action to avoid the catastrophic
results of climate change spiraling out of control. The Home Staging and Interior Design sector are joining the movement to assess their impact and make changes to the way they work to avoid having a
negative impact on the environment.
What the course offers
In order to make a significant difference the desire for change needs to be backed up by knowledge. This course outlines the wider sustainability issues and then leads students through an educational discovery
about what sustainability means for our Home Staging and Interior Design businesses and how we can make simple changes to both have a positive impact on the environment and benefit your business.
Who is the course suitable for?
Whether you are a small business owner (or thinking of starting a small business) or manage a larger team or you are employed in the Home Staging and Interior Design sector you will find value in this course and
information to help you to decide on changes which are easy to implement to change the course of history for environmental sustainability.
How long will the course take to complete?
3hrs 30mins of full colour video narrated presentations will guide you through8 modules of essential topics with a quiz and a downloadable 'Sustainability pledge' action plan template. Certificate
Awarded on completion.
Who has written the course?
Course content researched and materials provided by Anita Richardson, Director of CHSSP® and House Wow® Services UK.
Anita has been an expert in Home Staging and Interior Design for more than 18 years. Founding the UK's first Home Staging Network in 2004, House Wow Network in 2008 and the UK's first online Home Staging course,
CHSSP for Home Staging professionals in 2012.
Contributor to course content with a chapter on practical upcycling for environmental sustainability is Amanda Caley,an expert in renovation, Home Staging and Interior
Design andbusiness owner at The Property Reviver, London.
"After almost 2 decades in the Home Staging and Interior Design sector I felt that the sector needed more tailored information about Sustainability so that we could
contribute meaningfully to sustainability in our day-to-day business practices. I hope that you enjoy the course."